CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Welcome To The Flea Circus!


Sunday, Kaylea and Angel were playing outside in the yard. They were rolling around and having all kinds of fun. Then, Monday morning, Kaylea awoke with some mysterious little red bites on her tummy and chest. I looked her over carefully and did a sweep of the bed sheets, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. I figured she had been bitten by something while playing in the yard the day before.

I treated her itchy spots with Benedryl gel and sent her to school. We have been watching the spots the last few days and they have not spread, but they have not gone away as of yet, either.

Today, while I was playing with Angel I found a flea, yes just ONE flea, climbing on top of her fur towards her head. She had just come inside from using the bathroom. I immediately pinched the little sucker's head off (NOT Angel's - THE FLEA'S) and then proceeded to give Angel her first dose of K9 Advantix of the season.

As I was sharing Angel's adventure with Kaylea after school, she asked me, "Mom, do you think I have fleas, too?" My only response was, "Well dear, anything is possible."

Since the K9 Advantix clearly states in big bold letters, "KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN" and warns against any contact with skin, I guess I will have to come up with a different treatment for Kaylea. HMM.....I wonder if they make flea collars big enough for a 9 year-old?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that'll beat watching her scratch with her hind leg! Jelly leg is cute on the dogs, on the kid it looks more like a disorder.