CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Greetings From Hilton Head BBBBBeach......Man It's Cold!!

As many of you know, Kaylea and I have gone to Hilton Head Island on an impromptu vacation with Auntie M, Mr. Bob, Memommy and Mr. Jimmy. We all were sad that Bub couldn't extend his vacation and join us, but we will make sure and bring him back a t-shirt. So far the trip has been very UN-beachy. That would probably be due to the cold weather and cutting winds. I haven't even made it down to the ocean yet; however, Auntie M badgered Mr. Bob into going down to the beach with her and Kaylea this afternoon. I don't know about you, but it doesn't seem like a place I would want to be under the current conditions.


Kaylea on the beach, BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!


Kaylea wrote, "I Love Vacation" in the sand


Kaylea is having a blast, though. She doesn't care how cold it is outside; she is on vacation at the beach. I think she will probably live near the ocean when she grows up because she loves being near the water. Today, we took a day trip to Savannah, another one of Kaylea's favorite vacation spots. Unfortunately, she was very disappointed when we were not able to eat lunch at Paula Deen's restaurant. Apparently they were closed for the week to do some yearly maintenance. Boo for us - yeah for her employees!

We, also, walked on River Street and stopped in at the Savannah Candy Kitchen. It isn't a trip to Savannah without getting a few pralines and some taffy. It was really too cold to do much walking so we all decided to take a tour of the city in a nice HEATED trolley. I think the tour was a little too much excitement for Kaylea because she was passed out on my shoulder within fifteen minutes. I was able to wake her when we stopped at Saint John the Baptist Cathedral. She was very intrigued by the Holy water pool at the entrance to the cathedral and the rosary candles at the alter. You could tell she wasn't a good Catholic girl, however. She was trying to figure out how to drink out of the Holy water pool and lit about five candles before I could stop her. I tried to cover for her error by explaining to her the purpose for the rosary candles and telling her since she lit five candles, she needed to say five prayers. We used the kneeling bench and prayed, at least I think that is what she was doing. If not she was at least acting like she was praying. It was a lot of new stuff for a little Baptist girl from East Tennessee to take in. She was very interested in their faith and practices, though. I guess I can be thankful for that. I always try to emphasize to her that our religion is not the only religion and she seems to take interest in learning about how others worship. Thank goodness she looks at things that are different with curiosity and wonder instead of shying away and just thinking they are weird.

Well, that is enough for today. We are going to bed so we can get up early in the morning and head out to Charleston for the day. I'm sure the day will be filled with new adventures for all of us.

0 comments: