CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008

Wow, 2008 is here already. Where has the time gone. This year I will be turning the BIG 4-0 and my baby will be 10. I did the math this morning, while watching UT play in the Outback Bowl in Tampa, FL, and I was reminded that 15 years ago today Bub and I had our first date while watching UT play Boston College in the Hall of Fame Bowl in Tampa, FL. In so many ways, that first date weekend seems like it was just yesterday and in other ways it seems like it was a lifetime ago.



As most people do, I am making several New Year's resolutions this year. I make the same ones every year: lose weight, exercise more, drink more water and less Diet Coke, and eat more meals at home. Hopefully, I will be able to stick to them this year (as I type this I am eating Chex Party Mix and drinking a Diet Coke). Oh well, I can't really start them today because we are leaving for Hilton Head tomorrow and you know I can't diet while I am on vacation - that wouldn't be any fun now would it?



I asked Kaylea if she was going to make any New Year's resolutions. She replied with a very puzzled, "Hugh?" I then had to explain to her what a resolution was (and no I didn't say it was something that people say they will do and then don't). She said her resolution will be to read more. You have to understand the humor in this resolution; Kaylea loves to read! She was "Star Reader" and had the most AR (Accelerated Reader for all of you who don't have kids) in her second grade class last year. This year she has started reading the Harry Potter series.

Of course I was thinking, of all things the child could choose to work on, reading would not be anywhere near the top of the list. I guess I was hoping she would say something like, "Oh Mommy, I am going to listen better." Or, "Mommy, I am going to work on not having the sassy mouth this year." Or, "Mommy, I am not going to argue as much." Or I would have even been happy with, "I am going to clean up after myself." But, of course, I didn't get any of those responses because Kaylea thinks she needs to read more. Well, I didn't discourage her with her choice for her resolution, but trust me I will be making suggestions for additional resolutions as the opportunities present themselves. And trust me, they WILL. I will probably be able to offer up a few suggestions before the day in done.



We hope each of you have a safe and prosperous new year. I will keep up the Blog and the silly stories about Kaylea. If we can make you smile, laugh, or touch your heart in some way, then we are accomplishing what we set out to do. Thank you for staying plugged into our life through this silly little thing we call the Internet.



Love and best wishes for 2008!

Bub, Jennilu, Kaylea and Angel

0 comments: