CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Kaylea's Feeling Icky

Yes, we have a sick child at our house. Well, I think she's sick, anyway. Yesterday when I picked her up from school she said, "Momma, I think you need to make an appointment for me to see the Doctor." She went on to say that her throat was really sore, she had a bad cough and the night before she felt like she was going to throw up. When we got home I took her temperature, but it was normal. After dinner, we went to Walgreens and stocked up on Throat Lozenges, Triamenic Cough and Runny Nose meltaway strips (way awesome product, no more having to measure liquid), and Children's Motrin. When we got home I told her to take a long hot shower and then get ready for bed. Honestly, she looked and sounded terrible. You know, droopy eyes, dragging around, scratchy voice and croupy cough. I guess it was about 7:30 when we laid down and she fell asleep almost immediately. Unfortunately for her she didn't stay asleep. Her cough kept waking her up and she would get up and get more throat lozenges.

This morning I let her sleep in and set-up a Doctor's appointment for her at 10:30. Of course, the first thing they tested for was Strep, but it came back negative - Thank God! Then the Doctor looked at her ears, nose, throat and listened to her chest. The verdict - everything was clear. I was told to keep on the Triamenic during the day but to give her Atuss DS at night. Supposedly it will help her sleep; great I get to drug my kid!

She says her throat is feeling better, but the cough is still there. Who knows what kind of bug she has. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't get any worse.

4 comments:

overtly trite said...

I don't like it when the boy is sick but the one and only positive is he wants to be lovely & cuddle which I don't get enough of anymore!
hope Kaylea feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope Kaylea is feeling better.
Kaylea, Memommy is really proud of you and your report card.During Hen and Chicks we might find a treat.Keep reading,Love you,
Memommy

Anonymous said...

If she'd just give up cigars that cough would get better... seriously, that label says 18 and older... can't you read kid?

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.