CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kaylea Is Going Green

Let me start by saying that Bub and I are BAD - very very BAD! We do not recycle; heck in our neck of the woods we do good to get the trash hauled off to the dump before it overruns the cans. You see, we don't have city trash service because we live out in the little unincorporated town that wants to big but wants to stay small. So, recycling is something that I have yet to tackle.

Kaylea has been learning about recycling at school and wants us to begin. Kaylea's teacher is encouraging the children to bring their recyclable items into class and deposit them into the appropriate bins. Well, last night we had to hang a new roll of toilet paper and imagine my surprise when Kaylea asked if she could take the old used cardboard roll to school. When I inquired as to the reason, she said, "Well, Mom, we are suppose to recycle paper and this is paper." I controlled my inner laughter and told her "yes" she could take the toilet paper roll to school. So this morning, she put the TP roll in her backpack and proudly marched it into her class. Yes, friends, my daughter is doing her part to save the planet - one toilet paper roll at a time.

P.S. I think I am going to put out some tubs for paper, plastic and metal at home. Maybe, I can save Kaylea a little bit of future humiliation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kaylea! It's my influence that's helping, I know it! We're going green over here too, gradually. But every journey starts with one step, Kaylea has taken yours. Woo hoo!

Mary said...

We need to go green. Right now the only thing that is really green at our house is that stuff growing on the leftovers in the fridge. Just Kidding.... kind of! HA