CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The New Class List Is Here, The New Class List Is Here!

Kaylea is all sorts of excited. As of today, the new class lists have been hung outside the school. She jumped out of bed this morning and that was the first thing out of her mouth. We already know who her teacher is, which was the important thing for me to find out. But, now she gets to find out if any of her friends will be in her class, which is the important thing for her to find out. Since I know most of the kids through subbing and volunteering, I will have a pretty good idea of how the year will go as soon as I see the list. Hopefully, we will win the sweet children lottery for classmates this year. Last year was pretty good, but we did have a few problems here and there - and of course Kaylea was right in the middle of them, as usual.

Kaylea tends to want to be friends with everyone and have everyone be friends with her and each other. Unfortunately though, some kids just don't get along (personalities don't jive, which is ok; more than one "queen bee" in class; etc.) Kaylea tries to play the role of NATO but ends up just being stuck in the middle being pulled both ways. I guess you could say that Kaylea is the Canada of the 4th grade. (Why can't we all just get along?) Oh, don't think that I am under the misperception that my daughter is not playing some role in all of the drama. After all, she is a girl and she is 9. To use a Dr. Phil(ism) I am trying to figure out what her "payoff" is for being in the middle. She definitely has one, otherwise she wouldn't continually put herself there. Maybe this will be the year that all of this changes - I sure hope so. I don't think I can take another year of girl drama. There are so many sweet little girls at Kaylea's school that I know would be a true "best friend" for her. She just needs to find that little girl and stick by her, no matter what!

0 comments: