CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Little Miss Fashionista


I am really looking forward to the arrival of Spring. It is beginning to tease us a little, by warming up for a day or two and then turning cold again. The bulbs are starting to peep through the soil. The birds have begun practicing their springtime songs. And the trees are covered with buds that are ready to burst into color. It is as if nature is rehearsing for opening day at its annual production.

Another sign of the upcoming season change is our semi-annual wardrobe check. You see, each year in the Spring and Fall, Kaylea and I go through all of her clothes and try on, sort through and evaluate her needs. I am not really looking forward to this task this year; it doesn't appear that the child will have anything left from last summer that will still fit her. Typically, she has several pieces that carry over from Summer into the next Spring and from Winter into the next Fall, but that's not the case this year. Last summer and at the beginning of school she was able to wear some 7's, but mostly 8's. Now, she is in 10's and 12's, depending on the cut. Oh, and did I mention that her foot has grown a full size since last summer, as well. Basically, for the first time since she was a newborn, we will be starting from scratch in building a wardrobe.

I guess I better get busy designing my eBay auction listings, because the shopping this Spring is going to break the bank. I have always consigned or used eBay to fund the purchase of Kaylea's new clothes; it's my way of recycling and generating a clothing allowance for her. Of course, Kaylea's grandparents and her Auntie M. like to shop for her, also. Needless to say, Kaylea has never been given a citation by the Fashion Police. Heck, she didn't receive her "Most Fashionable" awards in 1st and 2nd grade for no reason!


Yes, Kaylea is a clothes fiend. But, the shopping thing is not really her favorite. Her Memommy, Auntie M and I are still trying to convince her that it is really fun. Unfortunately, we haven't been successful in showing her joy and pleasure in hunting down and finding great bargains, though. She definitely hates the act, but loves the outcome!

Now, onto my eBaying. By the way, if you have a Little Miss Fashionista, as well, just let me know and I will send you a link to my auctions. Heck, if you're local you won't even have to pay the shipping; we can arrange for a pick-up.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'm in the middle of hanging and tags stuff for consignment sales. I have never tried e-bay. Do you have a lot of success with it?

Jennilu said...

I have done o.k. on eBay in the past; however, when I lived in the Nashville area I would participate in consignment sales and did A LOT better with them. I wasn't aware of any of those type sales in the Knoxville area. If you know of any, please let me know. I would much rather do something local than put all of the time into creating auctions, doing the packaging and then having to ship the items. EBay is a lot more time consuming, but better than giving 50% to a consignment store or only getting a quarter in a yard sale. :)